- Western breakfast…1LB of Bacon is $1.20 and a dozen eggs are .48 Cents
- Dallas featuring J.R Ewing (Larry Hagman), the scheming oil tycoon and his family debut on CBS. With 357 episodes it remains one of the longest primetime dramas in American TV history
- Badlands Wilderness near Wall, South Dakota, becomes America’s newest National Park. The 242,756 acre Badlands National Park protects eroded buttes and the largest undisturbed mixed grass prairie in the US
- “Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys” by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson top the charts of Hot Country Singles
- United Artists release “Comes a Horseman”, a film set in the 1940’s starring James Caan, Jane Fonda and Jason Robards
- Another horseman, Jack Ward, Jr. of Springdale, Ark. Wins his second PRCA Bareback world championship
To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Cavender’s, the Wrangler Network presents a look back at the past fifty years of living the Western way. We’ll be counting down from 1965 to today the memories and big moments in western life from songs to movies and everything in between. Join us now on a trip through time!