Reno, Nev. — Jack Daniels Night at the Reno Rodeo was one for the books with an exciting day of events including the Bob Feist Invitational which brought two hundred team-roping athletes under one roof to compete.
Team roping superstar duo Luke Brown and Jake Long from Morgan Mill, Texas won the BFI roping event today, taking home a coveted BFI buckle and a cash prize.
Local talent stole the show this evening as Wyatt Denny of Minden, Nev. and Cody Kiser of Carson City, Nev. swept the top two spots in bareback bronc riding. Wyatt earned the top spot for the second night in a row with a score of 84 points securing his lead position for another day.
Hearts raced during the bull riding event where Chase Dougherty of Canby, Ore. scored the only qualifying ride with 85 points.
Here are the night’s top results:
1. Wyatt Denny, Minden, NV, 84 (reride)
2. Cody Kiser, Carson City, NV, 81.5 on Big Bend Rodeo’s Cajun Queen
3. Evan Jayne, Marseille, FR, 80 (reride)
1. Chase Black, Consort, AB, 5.6
2. Thomas Jason, Benton, AR, 5.7
3. Scott Guenthner, Consort, AB, 6.2
1. Clay Ullery, Two Hills, AB, and Riley Wilson, Cardston, AB, 5.0
2. Cody Snow, Los Olivos, CA, and Wesley Thorp, Stephenville, TX, 5.6
3. Garrett Rogers, Adams, OR, and Jake Minor, Ellensburg, WA, 5.9
1. Joe Lufkin, Sallisaw, OK, 83.5 (reride)
2. Sterling Crawley, College Station, TX, 80 (reride)
3. Nick LaDuke, Livermore, CA, 76.5 on Flying 5 Rodeo’s Spring Jubilee
1. Timber Moore, Aubrey, TX, 8.5
2. Justin Smith, Leesville, LA, 8.8
3. Shank Edwards, Tatum, NM, 9.7
1. Darby Fox, King Hill, ID, 17.46
2. Britta Thiel, Belle Fourche, SD, 17.52
3. Ivy Conrado, Hudson, CO, 17.74
1. Chase Dougherty, Canby, OR 85 on Big Bend Rodeo’s Black Betty
*Scores are unofficial until verified by the Rodeo Secretary