Charitable Arm of the Academy of Country Music Gives $237,000 to Eighteen Beneficiaries
ENCINO, CA (December 12, 2016) – ACM Lifting Lives® announced its 2016 fall grant cycle beneficiaries today with grants totaling more than $230,000 for a selection of organizations including Alive Hospice, Barefoot Republic, Inc., CreatiVets, Kesem, Legacy Music, Musicians on Call, Nashville Rescue Mission, Notes for Notes, Operation Song, Peggy R. McConnell Worthington Center for the Arts, Porter’s Call, Possibilities, Inc, Project C.A.M.P. Inc “The Center for Courageous Kids, Songs For Sound, The Quest Center, Uintah School of Music and the Arts, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and W.O. Smith/Nashville Community School. Partnerships with artists and generous giving from fans and the Nashville community enable ACM Lifting Lives to provide funding to organizations that share the same mission, and strive to improve lives through the power of music.
“ACM Lifting Lives is excited to announce an increase in beneficiaries nationwide, and we are proud to support and recognize each of these organizations,” said Lori Badgett, Chairman of the ACM Lifting Lives Grant Committee.
Said ACM Lifting Lives Chairman, Ed Warm: “As stewards of Lifting Lives, we understand the power of music and the great things we can do through the support of our artists and our industry. We are fortunate to serve those in need through the generosity of so many who make these grants possible.”
“We are beyond grateful for the generosity and support from the artists, fans and industry members that continue to share the same vision of our mission to improve lives through the power of music,” said Tommy Moore, Secretary, ACM Lifting Lives.
Programs funded through this grant cycle include:
- Alive Hospice – the grant will help the organizationto continue their music therapy program and will allow them to provide ten scholarships to the Music for Health & Transition Program, a non-profit certification program that trains musicians to provide live therapeutic music at the bedside. www.alivehospice.org
- Barefoot Republic, Inc – the grant will continue to build relationships among the youth representing all backgrounds through artistic and team building activities, allowing the grant to fund twenty scholarships for youth to participate. www.barefootrepublic.org
- CreatiVets – the grant will help sustain their ongoing project providing veterans the opportunity to be paired with professional songwriters from the Nashville community to help create a song that tells the veteran’s story by using art therapy, music and creative writing to help cope with the psychological and emotional needs that arise from combat-related trauma. www.creativets.org
- Kesem – the grant will support children nationwide through and beyond their parent’s cancer by offering several types of music therapy programs, fostering a long-lasting community. www.campkesem.org
- Legacy Music – the grant will help support purchasing instruments and staffing clinicians to provide operational music programs for teachers and students. www.legacymusicalliance.org
- Musicians on Call – the grant will support the expansion of their Bedside Performance Programs in two newer markets, Atlanta and Phoenix. www.musiciansoncall.org
- Nashville Rescue Mission – the grant will support funds for a sound system for Life Recovery Program Participants, suffering from homelessness, addiction and other life-debilitating problems. www.nashvillerescuemission.org
- Notes for Notes – the grant will support programming in seven Notes for Notes locations during the 2017 fiscal year. www.notesfornotes.org
- Operation Song – the grant will help empower veterans and active duty military tell their stories through songwriting in creative and therapeutic settings, with professional songwriters leading the program. www.operationsong.org
- Peggy R. McConnell Worthington Center for the Arts – the grant will go towards producing a television series featuring songwriters nationally distributed to more than 100 stations, focusing on healing and coping through the power of music. www.mcconnellarts.org
- Porter’s Call – the grant will help to underwrite counseling hours to cover the growing needs of clients who request assistance. Porter’s Call provides counsel and support to artists who are facing the unique challenges that can often accompany the vocation of performing and creating. www.porterscall.com
- Possibilities, Inc – the grant will provide for the first-ever ‘Veteran Living Center’ program for those in need of emotional freedom by providing lodging, meals, song therapy and a healing concert for camp veterans. www.supportpossibilities.org
- Project C.A.M.P. Inc “The Center for Courageous Kids” – the grant will help the center to purchase new equipment and instruments to be used in their music therapy program that benefits more than 3,000 campers each year. www.thecenterforcourageouskids.org
- Songs For Sounds – the grant will help those suffering with hearing loss by bringing awareness through Heal the Music and music camp programs for kids with hearing aids and cochlear implants. www.songsforsound.com
- The Quest Center – the grant will support the organization’s existing music education services within their general after-school program while helping to expand reach within the community, offering more needs-based scholarships for music instruction. www.qcdickson.org
- Uintah School of Music and the Arts – the grant will help support weekly music group classes for young children by providing instructors, instruments, and equipment, allowing them to showcase their progress throughout the year. www.usomata.org
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center – the grant will support the organization’s existingmission to facilitate discoveries and best practices that make positive differences in the lives of persons with developmental disabilities and their families through innovative research, services, and training for over 50 years. www.vanderbiltkennedycenter.com
- W.O. Smith/Nashville Community School – the grant will pay expenses for a ‘Resident Camp’ where students will take part in various music and educational activities. www.wosmith.org
For information on guidelines and applications for grants, or to support ACM Lifting Lives’ causes, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
About ACM Lifting Lives
ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Through partnerships with artists and strong ties in the music industry, ACM Lifting Lives develops and funds music-related therapy and education programs, and serves members of the community who face unexpected hardships through its Diane Holcomb Emergency Relief Fund. Generous donations and the support of artists and fans ensure ACM Lifting Lives is able to fund everything from disaster relief and helping communities in need, to music education in schools and music camps for those with disabilities, to supporting programs that use music therapy as a means to help our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing grants to help them ease back into life. For more information, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
See more at ACM