By: Denise M. Abbott August 15, 2014@ 09:00:00 PM
TULSA, Okla. — Opening night for the Professional Bull Riders Express Employment Professionals Classic presented by Jack Daniels kicked off the second half of the Built Ford Tough Series on Friday night in Tulsa, Oklahoma, at the BOK Center with No. 22 Chase Outlaw bucking to the top of the heap in Round 1 with 88.25 points on Crystal Pistol.
Gage Gay and Kody Lostroh each tallied 88 points, and Kasey Hayes was right behind with an 87-point ride.
Rounding out the Top 5 was Oklahoma native Ryan Dirteater on More Big Bucks with 86.75 points.
The Express Employment Professionals Classic is the first event back since the Last Cowboy Standing on May 9-10 in Las Vegas. The break did a world of good for Outlaw, as the Arkansas native used the time to heal and come back from a strained groin, recording the highest score of the night.
The Express Employment Professionals Classic continues Saturday at 7 p.m. with the Top 37 bull riders taking on their second bull of the weekend in Round 2 and the top 15 finishing their evening with the Built Ford Tough Championship Round to determine the winner.
All the action from Round 1 will be shown Saturday at 10 p.m. ET on CBS Sports Network. Round 2 and the Built Ford Tough Championship Round will be live on PBR LIVE and will air on CBS Sports Network on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.
Tulsa, OK – Event Leaders (Round 1-Event Points)
1. Chase Outlaw, 88.25-88.25 points
2. Gage Gay, 88-88.00 points
(tie). Kody Lostroh, 88-88.00 points
4. Kasey Hayes, 87-87.00 points
5. Ryan Dirteater, 86.75-86.75 points
6. Douglas Duncan, 86.5-86.50 points
7. Brady Sims, 85.5-85.50 points
8. Marco Eguchi, 84.25-84.25 points
9. Billy Robinson, 83.75-83.75 points
10. Renato Nunes, 83-83.00 points
11. Stetson Lawrence, 82.5-82.50 points
12. Tanner Byrne, 75.75-75.75 points
© 2014 PBR Inc. All rights reserved.