Daily service included again in ‘16; evening shuttles service 23 hotel partners
For the second consecutive year, rodeo fans will be able to utilize the complimentary Cowboy Christmas Express for access to the Las Vegas Convention Center, in addition to the nightly round-trip NFR Express service to the Thomas & Mack Center for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
Starting Thursday, Dec. 1 and running through Saturday, Dec. 10, the Cowboy Christmas Express will provide round-trip shuttle service from eight hotel properties to the Las Vegas Convention Center. Service commences at 8:30 a.m. and continues to 4:30 p.m. each day from the following hotel partners: Caesars Palace, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Golden Nugget, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, Orleans, South Point and Treasure Island.
Free to the public and now located in the South Halls, Cowboy Christmas will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas.
Rodeo fans looking for transportation to and from the Wrangler NFR will have the option to utilize the complimentary shuttle bus service – the NFR Express – with routes from the Las Vegas Convention Center, NFR official host hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown to the Thomas & Mack Center.
From Thursday, Dec. 1 through Saturday, Dec. 10, shuttle buses will pick up in front of the Cowboy Christmas at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls. This one-way route will serve as the Rodeo Express Shuttle and will run directly to the Thomas & Mack Center.
Also beginning on Dec. 1, the NFR Express will begin complimentary routes to and from the NFR sponsor hotels. There are now 14 routes, covering 23 hotel properties.
“The Cowboy Christmas Express and NFR Express continue to provide a convenient and flexible way for rodeo fans to get to Cowboy Christmas and the Thomas & Mack Center,” said Pat Christenson, president of Las Vegas Events. “In addition to the routes that service our hotel partners, there is a one-way shuttle that allows fans to move efficiently from Cowboy Christmas directly to the arena. Due to increased nightly traffic and parking congestion at the Thomas & Mack Center, we encourage fans to consider this complimentary mode of transportation.”
In 2016, all Wrangler NFR performances begin at 6:45 p.m. (PT). NFR Express will begin pick-ups at 5 p.m. (PT) and include return service until 10:30 p.m. (PT). There is no shuttle bus service during the actual rodeo performance.
Rodeo fans are asked to allow approximately 15 minutes for traffic conditions from each hotel pick-up point. The NFR Express routes and pick-up points are as follows:
Route 1 – One-Way Express Shuttle
• Cowboy Christmas – Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls
• MGM Grand – Conference Center Drive
• Sam’s Town – Rear entrance (behind food court)
• Mandalay Bay – Main entrance, Beach Level
• Venetian – Tour bus lobby
• Wynn – South Tower bus loop
• Hard Rock Hotel – Main entrance (before Porte-Cochere)
• SLS – Paradise Road entrance
• The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas – Main entrance (right of Porte-Cochere)
• Monte Carlo – Main valet entrance
• Gold Coast – Main entrance
• The Orleans – Main entrance
• Golden Nugget – Carson Tower entrance
• Plaza – Inbound at Country Christmas; outbound to Plaza
• Downtown Grand – Main entrance
• The D Las Vegas – Main entrance
• The Mirage – North valet entrance (before Porte-Cochere)
• Treasure Island (TI) – Bus loading zone, near the South Side Valet
• Flamingo & Harrah’s Las Vegas – LINQ Promenade, adjacent to the High Roller
• Bally’s – North entrance
• Caesars Palace – Tour bus lobby (Outside the Colosseum, under Planet Hollywood sign)
• Silverton – Main entrance
• South Point – Main entrance (outside Porte-Cochere)
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.
See more at NFRexperience.com