By: Justin Felisko
February 27, 2016
THE CHOCTAW CASINO IRON COWBOY: The Built Ford Tough Series resumes this weekend in Arlington, Texas, with the Choctaw Casino Iron Cowboy, powered by Kawasaki. Don’t forget to set your lineups for Ultimate PBR Fantasy, and if you haven’t already, sign up now for your chance to win.
This week’s Fantasy Focus will take a look at the Top 3 riders in each tier based upon riding percentage. At Iron Cowboy, the most important aspect is for a rider to make the 8-second mark if they want to advance to the next round and have a chance at the $100,000 payday in this unique PBR format.
Therefore, fantasy players will want riders that can help string together multiple rides – and multiple opportunities – to score points.
TIER A: Vieira looking for three-peat
1. Joao Ricardo Vieira leads the BFTS with a 62.96 percent riding average (17-for-27). His 17 qualified rides also lead the BFTS and the No. 2 bull rider in the world standings is looking to win his third consecutive Iron Cowboy. He has drawn Jack Daniel’s After Party (46-22, BFTS).
2. J.B. Mauney is the only other rider converting at a 60 percent clip (15-for-25). The consistency and home-run swinging mentality that Mauney brings to the arena is a major reason why he heads into Iron Cowboy as the No. 1 bull rider in the world standings. He will face War Party (7-1, BFTS).
3. Paulo Lima has the sixth-highest riding percentage (12-for-22; 54.55 percent). He has a Round 1 meeting against Rafter T (4-1, BFTS).
TIER B: Palermo’s brings top notch consistency
1. Three-time World Finals event winner Robson Palermo has the highest riding percentage among Tier B riders and also the third best in the PBR. Palermo has begun the season 12-for-21 (57.14 percent) and is well on his way to a memorable comeback season. He has a Round 1 matchup against Butchers Nightmare (11-3, BFTS).
2. Shane Proctor used a 4-for-4 showing to win the St. Louis event and he has the fifth-best riding percentage (11-for-20; 55 percent) this season. Proctor takes on BoLo (0-0, BFTS) in Round 1.
3. Eduardo Aparecido, last week’s winner in Kansas City, Missouri, is one of the eight riders riding at 50 percent or higher. Aparecido will face Gangster’s Wildside (5-0, BFTS).
TIER C: Pacheco likely on the rise
1. Kaique Pacheco is third on the BFTS in riding percentage (55.56 percent), but is only ninth in the world standings. Pacheco (15-for-27) is likely going to keep moving up the world standings if he keeps the high riding percentage up. Pacheco has drawn Tahonta’s Magic (13-8, BFTS).
2. Guilherme Marchi has only competed in four events, but he is 5-for-11 (45.54 percent). The 2008 World Champion takes on Rebel Yell (4-3, BFTS) Saturday night.
3. Three-time World Champion Silvano Alves is riding far below his normal pro-50 percent career rate, but he still remains one of the PBR’s rather consistent riders despite a 39.13 percent ratio (9-for-23). In fact, his 39.13 percent is 13th on the BFTS. Alves will look to get back on track against Milky Jones (2-0, BFTS).
Follow Justin Felisko on Twitter @jfelisko
© 2016 PBR Inc. All rights reserved.