LAS VEGAS – On the eve of the 22nd PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals, which starts Wednesday, Oct. 21, the PBR (Professional Bull Riders) launches its “PBR goes Pink” online auction today to raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
Autographed memorabilia from top PBR riders, as well as World Champion stock contractors, PBR sponsors, and celebrity friends and athletes have been donated to support the PBR’s Pink Promise, a campaign that started one month ago and to date has raised more than $10,000 with its “pink nights” at PBR events and Bootdaddy.com Breast Cancer Bounty Bull.
Hosted at www.PBR.com/eBay, the auction will run from Oct. 19 until Oct. 28 at 12:01 a.m. PT.
PBR Memorabilia includes:
- Autographed pink shirt from four-time PBR World Champion Stock Contractor Chad Berger
- Framed and autographed photos from PBR stars Shane Proctor, L.J. Jenkins, Ryan Dirteater, Douglas Duncan, 2008 PBR World Champion Guilherme Marchi and 2013 PBR World Champion J.B. Mauney
- Framed and autographed lithograph of Brazilian PBR bull rider Valdiron de Oliveira.
- Framed and autographed poster of Monster Energy PBR bull riders L.J. Jenkins, Robson Palermo, Marchi and Mauney
- Framed and painted PBR reclaimed wood autographed by PBR stars bull riders and Dickies Bullfighters to include Duncan, Robson “Spiderman” Aragao, Mauney, Jesse Byrne, Frank Newsom, Shorty Gorham and nine-time World Champion Ty Murray.
- Framed poster and postcards of 2007 PBR World Cup
- PBR star Tanner Byrne new competition shirt
- Set of autographed Harlequin Pro Bull Riders romance novels, featuring 2008 PBR Rookie of the Year Reese Cates, Matt Triplett, Harve Stewart and Zane Lambert
- Gift Packages from PBR sponsor DeWalt Stanley
- “Suck it Cancer” gift package
Celebrity and professional athlete memorabilia includes:
- Autographed 8 x 10 of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson from the NBA’s Golden State Warriors
- Autographed game bat from Colorado Rockies infielder Daniel Descalso
- Autographed game bat and ball from St. Louis Cardinals shortstop Peter Kozma
- Autographed shorts from UFC Featherweight Fighter Chad Mendes
- Autographed Storage Wars poster of Barry Weiss, David Hester, Darrell Sheets, and Brandi and Jarrod
- Autographed skeleton gloves from Storage Wars’ Barry Weiss
All of the proceeds will go directly to the BCRF.
Thursday, Oct. 22 is Pink Night at the PBR World Finals, which will kick off Thursday morning at midnight at the High Roller Observation Wheel located within the LINQ outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment promenade. The PBR will turn the 550-foot tall structure, the largest of its kind in the world, pink. It will remain pink for 24 hours to support the PBR’s pink initiative.
The celebration will continue throughout the day with activities around the city and culminate Thursday night during Round 2 of the PBR World Finals, featuring the PBR’s Pink Night Buckathon. The Top 40 bull riders in the world will take to the chutes and for each of their qualified rides made that evening, the PBR will donate $250 to BCRF. Each ride scored 90 points or better will result in a $1,000 donation. PBR sponsors Wrangler and MGM Resorts Worldwide have pledged to match those donations.
To join the PBR in its promise to help further breast cancer research, visit PBRgoesPink.com for more information about the auction and PBR Pink Promise activities, and to find out how you can contribute to the cause.
© 2015 PBR Inc. All rights reserved.