Rodeo Live Presented by Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at Cowboy FanFest to Host Live Music and Features
Area to showcase country artists and fan favorites
LAS VEGAS (November 13, 2014) – From Dec. 4 – 13 at Cowboy FanFest, Rodeo Live presented by Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo will bring live music and talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy FanFest is open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center and features 100,000 square feet of the best of the Western lifestyle, giving fans a chance to enjoy the best that rodeo has to offer.
Each day at 10 a.m. (PT), RFD-TV will host its daily Western Sports Roundup. Flint Rasmussen will appear each day at 12 p.m. (PT) with his popular show “Outside the Barrel.” At 2:15 p.m. (PT), Alexis Bloomer Live, a show featuring interviews with Wrangler NFR contestants and musicians, will take the stage.
The line-up for Rodeo Live Unplugged, with daily live acoustic performances at 1:15 p.m. (PT), is as follows:
- Thursday, Dec. 4, 2014 – Jordan Mitchell
- Friday, Dec. 5, 2014 – Casey Donahew Band
- Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014 – Curtis Grimes
- Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014 – Josh Thompson
- Monday, Dec. 8, 2014 – Kimberly Dunn
- Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014 – Cody Johnson
- Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014 – 3rd Division Marine Aircraft Wing Band
- Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014 – Lucas Hoge
- Friday, Dec. 12, 2014 – Morgan Leigh
- Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014 – Aaron Watson
Additional programming includes:
Church Service for Fans – Dec. 7 at 3:20 p.m. (PT)
Cowboy FanFest will fully complement the Cowboy Christmas Gift Show, the only official gift show of the Wrangler NFR. Both will run from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) at the Las Vegas Convention Center and are open to the public with free admission. Over the past 28 years, the Cowboy Christmas show has attracted more than 3.27 million people.
In addition to Rodeo Live presented by Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Cowboy FanFest will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
- Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The arena will seat 1,000 fans and will feature ranch sorting, horsemanship demonstrations, mini bucking bulls, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy Foundation and Miss Rodeo America Horsemanship;
- Boot Barn Rodeo Saloon – Every great party needs a saloon. Located in the center of Cowboy FanFest, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
- Lucas Oil Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features 12 interactive industry and rodeo exhibits including Calgary Stampede, Cheyenne Frontier Days, Experience Kissimmee, Frontier Rodeo, Helldorado, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, INFR, Pendleton Roundup, NFR after Dark, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Southeast Montana, and the newest addition – The Rope ‘Em in Wedding Chapel powered by Zappos.com;
- NFR Social Arena – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests, including the new daily Pick 7 promotion for rodeo fans;
- Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all 120 Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Bloomer Trailers, Browning, Boot Barn, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, Crown Royal/Diageo, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Lucas Oil, NV Energy Foundation, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Signature Quarters, Total Equine, Wrangler and Zappos.com.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy FanFest, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.
# # #
About Las Vegas Events
Las Vegas Events is a private, not-for-profit organization that serves as the exclusive major special events agency for the city. Founded in 1982, LVE is funded by hotel room tax. Through its Signature Event initiative, LVE has created a model to integrate all elements of special events and formally improve communication between event producers and Las Vegas’ hotel properties and sponsors. Since 1991, Las Vegas Events has produced, presented or supported more than 600 events.
About the Wrangler NFR
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (NFR), considered the world’s premier rodeo, features 10 straight days of the best in rodeo competition, with a total of 120 contestants competing every night in seven events. Each December, the top 15 contestants, based on the 2014 PRCA World Standings, in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding qualify to compete at the Wrangler NFR.