Area to showcase Flint Rasmussen and Daryle Singletary
From Dec. 1 – 10 at Cowboy Christmas, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features just under 400 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans.
Each day, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON® will feature the following:
RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup – starting at 10 a.m.
Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at noon
Keepin’ it Country with Daryle Singletary – starting at 1:15 p.m.
Rasmussen has been a staple at Cowboy Christmas and continues to deliver laughs, entertainment and special guests during the ten days. The newest addition, Keepin’ it Country with Daryle Singletary, features the popular country music entertainer sitting down with guests from the music and rodeo industry in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere to share memories and acoustic performances.
Additional one-time events include the Miss Rodeo America Justin Boots Parade and Judging on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 2:15 p.m., Public Church Service on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. and the Junior Barrel Racing Back Number Presentation on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 2:15 p.m.
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. Over the past 31 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 3.68 million people.
In addition to Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The arena will seat 1,100 fans and feature Bullfighters Only, Colt Starting Challenge USA, United Bucking Horse Association, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the first time, the Junior NFR presented by YETI with championship competitions in mini bareback, mini bucking bulls, barrel racing, team roping, tie-down roping and girls breakaway;
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the west end of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• Lucas Oil Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features 12 interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the Center of Cowboy Christmas;
• NFR Social Arena – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Big Tex Trailers, Bloomer Trailers, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, RODEOHOUSTON, Hesston by Massey Ferguson, Impact Gel, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler and YETI.
Sold out for 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2016 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2016 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.
See more at NFRexperience.com