Area to showcase Flint Rasmussen and other fan favorites
From Dec. 3 – 12 at Cowboy Christmas, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON®will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features just under 400 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans.
Each day, Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON® will feature the following:
RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup – starting at 9 a.m.
Learnin’ the Ropes – starting at 11:15 a.m.
Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at noon
Alexis Bloomer Live – starting at 1:15 p.m.
On Saturday, Dec. 5, Alexis Bloomer Live will start at 11:15 a.m. and the Miss Rodeo America Justin Boots Parade and Auction will take place at 1:15 p.m. Alexis Bloomer Live is presented by Justin Boots and Bloomer Trailers, the official trailer of the Wrangler NFR.
Rodeo Live full schedule http://bit.ly/LVNFR43
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. The show will expand from four days to a full ten days in 2015, with a goal to become the most successful outdoor and hunting-related expo in the United States. Over the past 29 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 3.47 million people.
In addition to Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON®, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The arena will seat 800 fans and feature Bull Fighters Only, Clinton Anderson Horsemanship, Mini Bucking Bulls, Miniature Bareback World Championships, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy, Wild Pony Races and Roy Cooper’s 13 & Under Tie-Down, plus 13 & Under Girls Breakaway and 19 & Under Boys Tie-Down;
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the West End of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• Lucas Oil Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features 11 interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the Center of Cowboy Christmas;
• NFR Social Arena presented by YETI Coolers – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Bloomer Trailers, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, Crown Royal, Fine Entertainment, RODEOHOUSTON, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Signature Quarters, Star Nursery, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler, YETI Coolers and Zappos.com.
Sold out for 290 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2015 will jump to $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2015 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.