HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – In only two days the toughest athletes in the world will hit Huntington Beach, California, when the Professional Bull Riders Monster Energy Bulls on the Beach debuts in “Surf City USA.” This is the first time the PBR has ever bucked bulls on a beach. The event will feature the PBR’s best athletes, including two-time PBR World Champion Silvano Alves, seeking his third world title as he sits at No. 3 in the world; 2008 PBR World Champion Guilherme Marchi, currently in the No. 4 position in the world; rookie sensation Gage Gay; and 2014 World Champion Bull contenders Mick E Mouse and I’m a Gangster Too.
The Monster Energy Bulls on the Beach is a PBR 15/15 Bucking Battle pitting the Top 15-ranked bull riders in the PBR head-to-head against the PBR’s Top 15 bovine athletes for double the regular season points. Points are very important at that stage in the season as next week the $2.2 million PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals kicks off in Las Vegas on Oct. 22-26. The riders will be hanging tough in Huntington Beach to earn as many points as possible as they vie for position in the PBR world standings. Next week one of these men will have the opportunity to win the overall 2014 PBR World Championship and the world champion’s $1 million bonus.
The line-up for the Bulls on the Beach 15/15 Bucking Battle is below:
- Joao Ricardo Vieira – Itatinga, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2013 PBR Rookie of the Year
- Fabiano Vieira – Perola, Brazil
- Silvano Alves – Pilar Do Sul, Brazil – Two-time (2012, 2011) PBR World Champion
- Guilherme Marchi – Leme, Brazil – 2008 PBR World Champion
- Mike Lee – Decatur, Texas – 2004 PBR World Champion
- Matt Triplett – Columbia Falls, Montana
- Cody Nance – Paris, Tennessee
- Gage Gay –Staley, N.C. – Current leader in the Rookie of the Year race
- Eduardo Aparecido – Gouvelandia, GO Brazil
- Chase Outlaw – Hamburg, Arkansas
- Valdiron de Oliveira – Palestina, Brazil
- Marco Eguchi – Poa Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Emilio Resende – (Santa Helena Do Goias,, Brazil) – 2012 PBR Rookie of the Year
- Kasey Hayes – Liberal, Kansas
- Stormy Wing – Dalhart , Texas
The bull line-up is as follows:
- Fire Rock (Jeff Robinson/ TNT Bucking Bulls)
- Stanley FatMax (Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls)
- Mick E Mouse (Marlene Henry)
- Jeremiah (Rob Smets)
- Alright, Alright, Alright (Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls)
- Hungry Eyes (W/Y Bucking Bulls)
- LL Cool J (Tugger X Bucking Bulls)
- Mr Bull (Julio Moreno Bucking Bulls)
- Riding Dirty No Restraint (KMH Bucking Bulls)
- Oklahoma Bell (Jeff Robinson/TNT Bucking Bulls)
- I’m A Gangster Too (Jeff Robinson/TNT Bucking Bulls)
- Walk Off (Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls)
- Buck Dynasty (BMC Bucking Bulls/ Jeff Robinson)
- Velvet Rain (Nunes Livestock)
- Bushwacker (Julio Moreno Bucking Bulls)
The alternates include, Percolator (Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls), Kiss Animalize (Jeff Robinson/ B&M Bucking Bulls Inc.) and Ranga (Jeff Robinson/ B&M Bucking Bulls Inc.).
In addition to extra points, one lucky rider will also have the opportunity to win $25,000 for one 8-second ride that afternoon on the Bad Boy Mower Bounty Bull. The rider randomly selected to face this bull will need to make the 8-second whistle to claim the $25,000 check.
The riders will select their matchups during a press conference taking place Friday, Oct. 17 on the Huntington Beach Pier Plaza at 11:30 a.m. Bushwacker will be present. Fans are encouraged to attend and see the two-time World Champion Bull as well as meet the Top 15 PBR bull riders.
In addition to Southern California based Monster Energy Drink entitling the event, several other PBR sponsors – Ford, the city of Las Vegas, Cooper Tires and Tyson Foods – and the city of Huntington Beach were instrumental in making the Bulls on the Beach a reality. It will be a special event that is open to the general public with limited-capacity standing room only seating. The event also will be aired on CBS Network Television, the home of the PBR, at either 3 p.m. or 5 p.m. ET, following the NFL on Sunday, Oct. 19. Fans are advised to check their local listings for the time in their area.
“Southern California fans will be in for a real treat,” PBR Chairman and CEO Jim Haworth said. “The PBR prides itself on finding cutting edge ways to expand the sport and bring it to new venues and audiences. When we played Times Square in New York a few years ago, the event was a big hit and unlike any other the city had ever seen. Now we’re bucking bulls on Huntington Beach, one of the most famous and most popular beaches in Southern California. I don’t think any of us could have ever predicted we’d play such a unique site. It will be a spectacle unto itself and a special event for not only Surf City USA, but also the PBR.”
For more information on the PBR’s Monster Energy Bulls on the Beach 15/15 Bucking Battle and behind-the-scenes details, visit www.pbr.com.
© 2014 PBR Inc. All rights reserved.