800-seat arena provides fans with wide range of activities
Wrangler Rodeo Arena, one of the six main interactive features of Cowboy Christmas, will bring Bull Fighters Only, Mini Bucking Bulls, Miniature Bareback World Championships, tie-down roping, exhibitions, horsemanship demonstrations and specialty acts direct to fans. In addition, the return of the Priefert Platform allows fans to watch the action from a raised area overlooking the arena, with the comfort of round tables and ample seating.
Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. The show will expand from four days to a full ten days in 2015.
Wrangler Rodeo Arena, which boasts a seating capacity of 800, will host a variety of events. Highlights of the area include:
Bull Fighters Only – Dec. 3 at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.; Dec. 4-5, Dec. 9-12 at 9 a.m.
Wild Pony Races – Dec. 3-4 at 10:15 a.m.; Dec. 5 at 9:45 a.m. and Dec. 6 at 9 a.m.
Mini-Bucking Bulls – Dec. 3-4 at 11 a.m.; Dec. 5 at 10:30 a.m.; Dec. 6 at 9:45 a.m.; Dec. 7 at 11:45 p.m.; Dec. 8-12 at 10:45 p.m.
Jeff Davis Horsemanship – Dec. 3 at 12:15 p.m. and Dec. 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Clinton Anderson Horsemanship – Dec. 7-8 at 9:15 a.m. and Dec. 9-12 at noon
Roy Cooper Vegas Invitational 2015 – 13 & Under Boys Tie-Down – Dec. 4 at 12:30 p.m.; Dec. 5 at 11:45 a.m.
Colt Starting Challenge – Dec. 7 at 1 p.m., Dec. 8-9 at 1:15 p.m.
Mini Bareback Championships – Dec. 4-6 at 2:30 p.m.
Individual events include the 13 & Under Boys Tie-Down Shootout on Dec. 6 at noon, Roy Cooper Vegas Invitational 2015 – 13 & Under Girls Breakaway on Dec. 6 at 1: 15 p.m., Wrangler NFR Flag Girl Competition on Dec. 8 at noon and the Indian National Finals Rodeo Demonstration on Dec. 10 at 1:15 p.m. The popular Exceptional Rodeo presented by Nevada Energy will take place Monday, Dec. 7 at 10:30 a.m.
The Roy Cooper Vegas Invitational 2015 – 19 & Under Boys Tie-Down will be held Dec. 11 and 12 at 1:15 p.m.
In addition to Wrangler Rodeo Arena, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
• Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON® – Daily features include Flint Rasmussen with his popular show, “Outside the Barrel,” “Alexis Bloomer Live”, RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup and, new for 2015, the “Learnin’ The Ropes” youth show;
• Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the West End of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
• Lucas Oil Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features 11 interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the Center of Cowboy Christmas;
• NFR Social Arena presented by YETI Coolers – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests;
• Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Bloomer Trailers, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, Crown Royal, Fine Entertainment, RODEOHOUSTON, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Signature Quarters, Star Nursery, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler, YETI Coolers and Zappos.com.
Cowboy Christmas brought record crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2014. Total attendance reached 200,179, surpassing the previous record attendance of 196,856 set in 2013.
Sold out for 290 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2015 will jump to $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2015 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.