To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Cavender’s, the Wrangler Network presents a look back at the past fifty years of living the Western way. We’ll be counting down from 1965 to today the memories and big moments in western life from songs to movies and everything in between. Join us now on a trip through time!
- James Cavender continues to acquire other western stores and their inventory; number of Cavender’s stores grows to five
- Towns and communities across the west celebrate the American Bicentennial
- Chris LeDoux of Kaycee, Wyo. wins Bareback world championship; creates band and performs to earn money to pay his rodeo entry fees and travel
- Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
- Clint Eastwood is pursued by bounty hunters and Union soldiers in Warner Brothers film The Outlaw Josey Wales
- Tom T. Hall has #1 hit with song about a cowboy affirming his philosophy on life: “It’s Faster Horses/younger women/older whiskey/and more money”
- Mickey Gilley scored his fifth #1 song with Don’t the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time…another cowboy philosophy of life