• 3 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets or nuggets
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
• ¼ cup flour
• 1 quart whole milk
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 6 tablespoons dry sherry
• Parsley, finely chopped
1. HEAT oven to 350˚ F. PLACE seasoned catfish fillets on a sheet tray, and cook for 10 minutes or until golden and flakes easily. HEAT water in the bottom of a double boiler, and adjust heat so that it is at a simmer. PLACE second pot on top of first.
2. ADD butter and melt. ADD flour and stir in until smooth; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. ADD milk slowly while whisking constantly. ADD remaining ingredients.
3. SERVE in small bowls, and top with flaked catfish. DRIZZLE with sherry and garnish with parsley.
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!