• 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
• ¼ cup seasoned cornmeal
• 2 tablespoons of your favorite seasoning blend
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• ½ cup fresh pecans
1. PLACE cornmeal into shallow dish and mix in seasoning blend. Coat fillets well and shake off any excess.
2. PLACE large sauté pan over medium heat; add oil. When hot, carefully add catfish. Cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook for 2 more minutes. Place catfish on serving platter.
3. DISCARD any remaining oil in pan and wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Place pecans into hot pan, shaking constantly. Toast for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and sprinkle over catfish.
4. POUR Sweet Bourbon Glaze over catfish fillets. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and mustard greens.
Sweet Bourbon Glaze
• ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
• 2 tablespoons bourbon
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
WHISK together ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!