• 1 pound U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cooked and flaked
• 2 teaspoons liquid crab boil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ½ cup green bell pepper, minced
• ½ cup celery, minced
• ¼ cup green onions, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon parsley, minced or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
• 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
• 4 (1.9-ounce) packages frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
1. PREHEAT oven to 400° F
2. SIMMER fish in water seasoned with salt and liquid crab boil 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked. Remove fish, cool and flake.
3. IN A LARGE SKILLET melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, celery, onions and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
4. STIR IN flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cream, parsley and Cajun seasoning. Simmer about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
5. ADD cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Add flaked fish to cheese mixture.
6. PLACE phyllo cups on baking sheets. Fill cups evenly with mixture. Sprinkle topping over pastries.
7. BAKE until lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm.
MAKES 60 TARTS
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!