• 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets or nuggets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ½ medium onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup celery, finely chopped
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 eggs
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon capers
• ½ teaspoon caper juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 10 eggs, poached
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and blanched
• 3 egg yolks
• ¼ cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 9 ounces hot clarified butter
• Salt to taste
• Hot sauce to taste
- HEAT a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. ADD butter. ADD catfish and shrimp. COOK for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- TRANSFER to a sheet pan, and place in the refrigerator to cool. In a large bowl, COMBINE next 11 ingredients and mix well. ADD the catfish mixture and stir to combine.
- FORM small patties using your hands, and coat the patties in panko crumbs. HEAT a nonstick skillet over medium heat. ADD vegetable oil. COOK the patties for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- COMBINE egg yolk, wine, and lemon juice in bowl, and place over a hot water bath. WHISK and cook until it forms a figure 8 ribbon. Slowly DRIZZLE in hot clarified butter while whisking. (If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water.) When all the butter is emulsified,
- SEASON with salt and hot sauce to taste.
- PLACE asparagus on the plate, and top with catfish cake. PLACE the poached egg on top, and drizzle with hollandaise. GARNISH with chopped parsley. MAKES 10 CAKES.
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!