Two sets of team roping tandems clocked times one-tenth of a second off the world record over the week of May 31 to June 6.
The pairs split the win to take home $2,294 per roper.
While the runs were the fastest of the week, they were also the second fastest of the 2021 season.
Only Clay Smith and Jade Corkill have been faster this season. Their run at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo tied the world record of 3.3 seconds set by Chad Masters and Corkill in 2009 and equaled by Brock Hanson and Ryan Motes in 2012, and Kaleb Driggers and Junior Nogueira in 2017.
Egusquiza and Graves are both in prime position to qualify for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas in December. Egusquiza is in second place in team roping heading in the PRCA | RAM World Standings, while Graves is third in heeling. Both Wyatt and Lord have some ground to make up in the race to the Finals. Both are 18th in their respective spots, but both are less than $1,500 away from breaking into the top 15.
Below are the other top rides and times for the week.
• Kaycee Field posted the third-highest scored bareback ride of the season when he notched a 92.5-point ride aboard J Bar J’s Straight Moonshine during the finals of the Riggin Rally Xtreme Broncs in Darby, Mont., June 6.
• Gus Franzen had the top steer wrestling time with a 3.4-second run in Hugo June 5.
• Dawson Hay’s 90.5-point ride on Sutton Rodeos’ Prom Night in the finals of the Casey Tibbs Match of Champions Xtreme Broncs in Fort Pierre, S.D., June 5 was tops for the week.
• Ericka Nelson had a 14.52-second barrel racing run at the Deep South PRCA Rodeo in Winnsboro, La.
• Sage Kimzey posted a ride of 90.5 points on New Star Pro Rodeo’s Wrangler Jean in Durant.
Courtesy of PRCA