The Palestine, Texas, bull rider is having his best year to date in ProRodeo. He jumped three spots in the PRCA | RAM World Standings this past week (Aug. 9-15), going from 12th to ninth with $68,555.
“You know this last week didn’t start out the way I wanted it to in Sikeston (Mo.), but I was able to end it with a much-needed win in Hermiston (Ore.),” said Mosley, 25. “I’m not as high as I want to be in the standings, but I’m in the mix and that’s all you can ask for this time of year.”
His bump in the standings came courtesy of two top 5 finishes in Lawton, Okla., and Hermiston, Ore. In Hermiston, Mosley rode Corey & Lange Rodeo’s Short Bus for 86.5 points for the win and earned $6,091. It was a matchup he looked forward to after riding that same bull earlier in his career.
“I rode him two years ago in St. Paul (Ore.) and was 86.5 on him then as well,” Mosley said. “So, it was a bit of a rematch for me. That bull is as solid as they come in the sport of rodeo, and I was dang sure excited to have him that night.”
Mosley’s promising season has him in line to qualify for his first NFR this December in Las Vegas, which would be a dream come true.
“It’d mean the world to me to get there, I’ve dreamed about making the NFR since I was a little kid,” Mosley said. “It finally feels like it’s coming true and I’m right there. So, I just need to keep the gas pedal down and keep going at them.”
Below are the other cowboys who moved within the Top 15 of the world standings.
• Steer roper Mike Chase went up in the standings from 15th to 10th.
• Steer roper Landon McClaugherty jumped from 18th to 14th.
• Saddle bronc rider Ben Andersen moved from 15th to 13th.
• Team roping heeler Ross Ashford went up from 11th to ninth.
• Bareback rider Wyatt Denny jumped from 17th to 15th.
• Steer roper Garrett Hale moved up the standings from fifth to third.
• Team roping heeler Joseph Harrison went from 16th to 14th.
• Steer roper Chet Herren jumped up from 14th to 12th.
• Team roping header Riley Minor moved from 13th to 11th.
• Steer roper Cash Myers went up the standings from 13th to 11th.
• Steer roper Tony Reina jumped from 17th to 15th.
• Team roping header Andrew Ward moved in the standings from ninth to seventh.
• Bareback rider Clayton Biglow went from fourth to third.
• Team roping heeler Paden Bray jumped up from second to first.
• Saddle bronc rider Chase Brooks moved from fifth to fourth.
• Saddle bronc rider Cody DeMoss went up in the standings from 10th to ninth.
• Team roping header Kaleb Driggers moved up from fourth to third.
• Steer wrestler Dakota Eldridge jumped in the standings from ninth to eighth.
• Steer wrestler Nick Guy went from 11th to 10th.
• Bareback rider Zach Hibler moved up from 12th to 11th.
• Bareback rider Orin Larsen jumped from 13th to 12th.
• Steer wrestler Eli Lord went up the standings from 13th to 12th.
• Team roping heeler Logan Medlin moved from 14th to 13th.
• Saddle bronc rider Sage Newman jumped up from 12th to 11th.
• Bull rider Clayton Sellars went from fifth to fourth.
• Team roping header Clint Summers moved up in the standings from 10th to ninth.
• Tie-down roper Marty Yates jumped from 11th to 10th.
• Bull rider Creek Young went up from seventh to sixth.
On The Bubble
Courtesy of PRCA