Join the best Calgary Stampede send-off in town at ALBERTA MADE presented by Budweiser, feat. Corb Lund
Make the Calgary Stampede your final party destination with ALBERTA MADE presented by Budweiser at Nashville North. The night will feature homegrown Albertan country music sensation, Corb Lund.
Adding to the lineup is Trevor Panczak, opening for Lund on the Nashville North stage on July 16 starting at 10 p.m. Both artists are Alberta born and prolific voices on the Canadian country music scene. ALBERTA MADE presented by Budweiser will light up the grand finale to The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.
Media Opportunity – Stampede Wrap Up
We welcome the media to join Calgary Stampede president & chairman of the board, David Sibbald and CEO, Warren Connell for brief remarks to wrap up this year’s Calgary Stampede.
Chuckwagon and Agriculture Competition Results:
Full rodeo results here.
Details on night four of the GMC Rangeland Derby can be found here.
Daily agriculture results can be found here.
What’s happening today:
8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
8 p.m – 9 p.m.
10 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Chris Buck Band,
10 p.m – 11 p.m.
12 a.m., 1 a.m.
Hits of the Day
Junior Steer Classic – Young ranchers aged 9–21 showcase their stock and compete for scholarships and prize money. This is part of the Stampede’s commitment to developing our next generation of agriculture advocates.
1 p.m. – 5p.m. – Agrium Western Event Centre
Livestock Supreme – Under the partnership and with the support of Alberta 4-H and Alberta Junior Beef Breed Associations, a much larger, intense and integrated competition will see over 250 competitors from across western Canada participate in this collaborative programming between Calgary Stampede and Olds Agricultural Society. Young enthusiasts demonstrate their stewardship skills in sheep, dairy cattle, light horse or beef species classes and will compete this year for $70,000 in scholarship money and prizes.
5 p.m. – Agrium Western Event Centre
North American Sheep Shearing Challenge – 2017 marks the 21st anniversary of the
Shearing Competition and shearers duel to win over $11,000 in prizes and special
Awards, presented on the final weekend for the first time. This competition attracts
the top professional sheep shearers from around the world.
Finals at 5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Victoria Pavilion, Agriculture Building
11:15 a.m. NASSC Go-Round #3 – Intermediate & Open
1:15 p.m. NASSC Go-Round #4 – Intermediate & Open
3:30 p.m. International Team Shearing Round #3
5:30 p.m. NASSC Semi Finals – Open (Top 4)
NASSC Finals – Intermediate (Top 2) & Open (Top2)
International Team Shearing Finals
6:45 p.m. NASSC Championship Presentation
Daily Agriculture Exhibits Highlight
Heavy Horse Pull Competition (Light Weights) – The Heavy Horse Pull is an exciting, action-packed event featuring true workhorses. The Calgary Stampede Heavy Horse Pull is Canada’s premier pulling competition, with teams arriving from across North America to vie for top honours. The teams will pull more than five times their body weight a distance of 14 feet.
7 p.m. – Agrium Western Event Centre
Ranch Rodeo – A traditional type of rodeo in which teams of cowboys and cowgirls, from different ranches, compete against each other in events based on the tasks commonly performed on a ranch every day.
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Agrium Western Event Centre
For more detail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Also happening today
1. North American Sheep Shearing Challenge: This is a competition that requires a combination of skill and speed to shear a lamb. Shearers are judged on the quality of their workmanship and on their humane handling of the sheep. Agriculture Building, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
2. Junior Steer Classic: Young ranchers aged 9–21 showcase their stock and compete for scholarships and prize money. Agrium Western Event Centre, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
3. Stampede Rodeo and GMC Rangeland Derby Showdown Sunday, Grandstand, 1:15 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. (respectively).
4. Professional Women’s Strongman Competition: Some of the strongest Women in Canada, including Canada’s 3x strongest woman Allison Lockhart, will lift and carry massive objects to determine who is the strongest Woman at the Calgary Stampede. Community Park South, 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
5. Professional Men’s Strongman Competition: The strongest men in Canada, including the 5th strongest man in the world, JF Caron, will take part in a 2 part competition of lifting trucks and other massive objects to determine who is the strongest man at the Calgary Stampede. Community Park South, 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
6. Indian Village Closing Ceremonies: Join us as we wrap up The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth for another year at Indian Village for the closing ceremonies. Indian Village, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Blacksmith champion makes top chef essentials: Knives are often top of the list but all the proper preparation will be for nothing if you aren’t able to generate the proper temperature and even distribution. Many a home cook has been frustrated by foods that stick to the pan without searing, or hot spots in a saucepan while trying to coax a delicate cream sauce into thickening.
That’s where Martin Reinhard, master blacksmith of Willow Creek Forge comes in. In fact, his 12” carbon steel frying pans have been featured in Avenue Magazine and are the go-to for 22 top chefs competing at the Canadian food championships finalist event in Edmonton this month (the winners will form Team Canada at the World Food Championship later this year in Alabama).
Alberta Auctioneer captures Calgary Stampede International Livestock Auctioneer Championship: Ross Annett was the first to register for this year’s International Livestock Auctioneer Championships. But he wasn’t looking to crush the competition in front of the crowd at the Calgary Stampede.
Instead, the auctioneer from Brooks, Alta. is dedicated to elevating his game by going up against the top talkers from around the globe and soaking in their style.
Wildcard Saturday pays off for two Canadian cowboys: On Wildcard Saturday, two more Canadians earned a spot in the richest day in rodeo – Showdown Sunday at the Calgary Stampede.
Final four set in Calgary Stampede’s Dash for Cash: The field is set for the GMC Rangeland Derby’s Championship heat on Sunday night. Coming out on top through two semi-final heats on night nine of racing are Logan Gorst, Kurt Bensmiller, Obrey Motowylo and Chanse Vigen.
Saturday, July 15, 2017: 136,611
Same day 2016: 109,817
Cumulative attendance for 2017: 1,097,458
See more at calgarystampede.com