FORT WORTH, TEXAS, April 27, 2017 – The board of directors and membership of the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, met April 25 to conduct business, review management and financial reports as well as elect directors and officers. Reports were also provided on continued renovation of the Will Rogers Memorial Center and ongoing construction of the recently announced Dickies® Arena.
The 2017 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo experienced several significant highlights, according to President and General Manager, Brad Barnes. Some included:
- 1,219,300 estimated grounds attendance;
- 28,190 total Stock Show entries;
- 12,423 junior exhibitor entries representing 236 of Texas’ 254 counties;
- More than $3.2 million Junior Sale of Champion sale receipts;
- $224,945 raised by the Agricultural Development Fund for junior exhibitor support;
- $670,900 provided in scholarships, educational grants and charitable gifts;
- 1,069 professional rodeo contestants competed for a $722,180 purse; and
- 272,333 Facebook fans, 14,509 Twitter followers; 18,251 Instagram followers.
“Although the Stock Show is Fort Worth’s oldest and largest event, we’re constantly striving to enhance the experience for our guests, exhibitors and contestants,” said Brad Barnes, Stock Show president and general manager. “We’re proud of our history and excited about our future.”
New directors elected include: Wilson Franklin; Trey Gordon; Mary Ralph Lowe; Kent Lynch; Paxton Motheral; Mark G. Nurdin; Robert L. Patton; William D. Ratliff IV; Rozanne Rosenthal; and Todd M. Tippet.
Elevated to the position of Honorary Vice President were William A. Landreth Jr., Ronnie McNutt, Billy Minick and Joseph A. Monteleone. Officers re-elected include: Bradford S. Barnes, president and general manager; Edward P. Bass, chairman of the board; Charlie Geren, vice president; Charlie Moncrief, secretary; Randy Rogers, treasurer; and W.R. Watt Jr., president emeritus.
Get ready for buck, sweat and steers January 12 through February 3 at the 2018 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. Rodeo tickets will be available beginning Monday, May 1 both online and by mail order. Questions regarding ticket purchases or other Stock Show matters can be answered by calling 817-877-2400. The Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo… This Thing is Legendary®!!!