OFF-CAMERA ACM AWARDS® WINNERS ANNOUNCED AHEAD OF
“57TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS™”
STARTING AT 8 PM ET / 5PM PT LIVE TONIGHT EXCLUSIVELY ON PRIME VIDEO
CARLY PEARCE AND ASHLEY MCBRYDE WIN MUSIC EVENT OF THE YEAR
ELLE KING AND MIRANDA LAMBERT WIN VIDEO OF THE YEAR;
MICHAEL HARDY WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR
LAS VEGAS, NV – The Academy of Country Music® announced today the winners for the Music Event of the Year, Video of the Year, and Songwriter of the Year categories in advance of the 57TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS™ on Prime Video tonight, Monday, March 7 at 8 p.m. EST/7 p.m. CST/5 p.m. PST. The two-hour show, featuring more than 20 performances, will livestream globally without commercial interruption from Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
Carley Pearce and Ashley McBryde were announced as winners of the ACM Award for Music Event of the Year for “Never Wanted To Be That Girl,” produced by Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne. Miranda Lambert and Elle King were announced as winners of the ACM Award for Video of the Year for “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)” produced by Angie Lorenz, Wes Edwards, and James Stratakis and directed by Alexa and Stephen Kinigopoulos. Michael Hardy was announced as the ACM Award Songwriter of the Year. Previously announced winners include Parker McCollum (New Male Artist of the Year) and Lainey Wilson (New Female Artist of the Year), both who will perform live in the show.
Tonight’s 57th ACM Awards will feature performances by host Dolly Parton featuring Kelsea Ballerini (“Big Dreams and Faded Jeans”), co-host Gabby Barrett (“Let’s Go to Vegas,” “I Hope You Dance”), co-host Jimmie Allen (“Viva Las Vegas,” “Down Home”), Lady A (“What a Song Can Do”), Jason Aldean, Amazon Music Breakthrough Artist BRELAND featuring Thomas Rhett (“Praise The Lord”), Kane Brown (“Leave You Alone”), Luke Bryan (“Up”), Kelly Clarkson (“I Will Always Love You”), Eric Church, Jordan Davis (“Buy Dirt,” feat. Luke Bryan), Walker Hayes (“AA” and “Fancy Like”), Maren Morris (“Circles Around This Town”), Brothers Osborne (“Skeletons”), Brittney Spencer and Brothers Osborne (“These Boots Are Made for Walkin’”), Parmalee and Blanco Brown featuring Brooke Eden (“Just the Way”), Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde (“Never Wanted to Be That Girl”), Thomas Rhett (“Slow Down Summer”), Chris Stapleton (“Watch You Burn”), Carrie Underwood, and Chris Young (“Raised on Country”), as well as Chris Young featuring Mitchell Tenpenny (“At the End of a Bar”).
On March 8 beginning at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST, fans will be able to relive all of the excitement of the entire 57th Academy of Country Music Awards ceremony on IMDb TV, Amazon’s premium free streaming service, as well as a special rebroadcast of performances. On March 10 at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST, Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can also watch the Awards in the Amazon Music app.
ABOUT THE 57th ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS:
• The 57th Academy of Country Music Awards is dedicated to honoring and showcasing the biggest names and emerging talent in country music. This year’s show promises to be a nonstop party, bringing legendary artists together with today’s favorites, and will feature exciting performances, unprecedented collaborations, surprising moments, and more, with a show so big, only a stadium can hold it. Tickets are currently on-sale at Ticketmaster.
• The show will make history as the first major awards show to livestream exclusively, streaming live globally on Prime Video. First held in 1966, the Academy of Country Music Awards has honored and showcased the biggest names and emerging talent in the industry and is the longest-running country music awards show in history.
• The 57th Academy of Country Music Awards is produced by MRC Live & Alternative. R.A. Clark and Raj Kapoor are executive producers. Damon Whiteside is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music. For more information, log onto www.ACMcountry.com or www.ACMLiftingLives.org. Sign up for the FREE ACM A-List for ticket information and the latest news and updates in your email inbox.
• The health and safety of the artists, fans, industry, staff, and partners involved in the Academy of Country Music Awards is the number-one priority. All applicable guidelines set forth by national, state, and local health officials will be closely followed during the production, along with additional safety measures to be instated by MRC and the Academy of Country Music.
ABOUT MRC LIVE & ALTERNATIVE
MRC Live & Alternative, a division of global entertainment company MRC, is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” and the “Streamy Awards.” MRC Live & Alternative owns one of the world’s most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For more information please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com.
ABOUT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
• Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
• Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
• Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
• Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
• Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
Courtesy of ACM