A little bit goes a long way when the season is fresh. That was made evident by the cowboys who cashed in at the RAM Wilderness Circuit Finals Rodeo in Heber City, Utah, Nov. 7.
Nine ProRodeo athletes jumped into the Top 15 of the PRCA | RAM World Standings for their respective events Nov. 2-8, and bull rider Josh Frost was the only one of that bunch to have previously won money during the 2021 season. Tying for third in the average in Heber City launched the Randlett, Utah, cowboy up 13 spots, from 22nd to ninth in the bull riding world standings.
Other RAM WCFR contestants to break into the Top 15 with their first check of the 2021 season were:
• Jake Stocking is third in steer wrestling.
• Quinn Kelser is third in team roping heading.
• Colby Siddoway is fifth in team roping heeling.
• Stetson Wright is sixth in bull riding.
• Kaycee Feild is seventh in bareback riding.
• Spencer Wright is 11th in saddle bronc riding.
• Olin Hannum is 12th in steer wrestling.
• Mitch Pollock is 15th in saddle bronc riding.
More opportunities to climb the ranks are on the horizon as the Stockyards Pro Rodeo in Fort Worth is set for Nov. 13-14.
Fans can catch the ProRodeo action at the Rodeo Austin (Texas) Xtreme Bulls at the Dell Diamond on the PRCA on Cowboy Channel Plus app Nov. 13-14 at 8 p.m. ET and the Brawley (Calif.) Cattle Call Rodeo, Nov. 14 at 4 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Nov. 15 at 4 p.m.
Check with ProRodeo.com to find out how this week’s rodeos change the 2021 world standings.
Courtesy of PRCA