There’s nothing quite like home and that couldn’t be truer for ProRodeo rookie Kenneth “K’s” Thomson.
The Lundbreck, Alberta saddle bronc rider put together the best stretch of rodeo in his young career this past week at the Calgary Stampede. He placed in three rounds at the rodeo, which included two 88-point rides.
“That rodeo is only two hours from my hometown and all my friends and family were in attendance to watch me,” said Thomson, 22. “So, to put on a performance like I did in my home country it was truly awesome.”
The Resistol Rookie leader walked away from Calgary with $9,000 in his pocket, that payday skyrocketed him up the leaderboard. He moved up 15 spots in the PRCA | RAM World Standings to 15th, with $35,875.
“Winning that big of money in Calgary is definitely a step in the right direction for me, especially if I want to accomplish my goal of making the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo,” Thomson said. “I think I’ve been on the up climb since the season began, right now it feels like every horse I get on it’s going to be the best ride of my life.”
Below, are the other cowboys who moved within the Top 15 of the PRCA | RAM World Standings.
• Bull rider Jordan Hansen moved up in the standings from 48th to 15th.
• Steer wrestler Jacob Elder went from 23rd to 13th.
• Bareback rider Orin Larsen jumped up in the standings from 22nd to 13th.
• Steer wrestler Stetson Jorgensen jumped up from 13th to fifth.
• Saddle bronc rider Logan Cook went from 19th to 14th.
• Bull rider J.C. Mortensen jumped in the standings from 19th to 14th.
• Tie-down roper Marcos Costa jumped in the standings from 14th to 10th.
• Team roping heeler Cole Davison moved up from 14th to 10th.
• Team roping header Luke Brown moved up from 11th to eighth.
• Saddle bronc rider Wyatt Casper went from 10th to seventh.
• Steer wrestler Stockton Graves went from 10th to seventh in the standings.
• Steer wrestler Eli Lord jumped up from 18th to 15th.
• Saddle bronc rider Sage Newman jumped in the standings from 13th to 10th.
• Steer roper Corey Ross went up from 10th to seventh.
• Saddle bronc rider Brody Cress went up from fifth to third.
• Steer roper J. Tom Fisher went from 16th to 14th.
• Bareback rider Cole Franks went from 16th to 14th.
• Tie-down roper Ryan Jarrett moved in the standings from 11th to ninth.
• Team roping header Tate Kirchenschlager jumped in the standings from 14th to 12th.
• Bull rider Laramie Mosley moved up from 11th to ninth.
• Bareback rider Chad Rutherford moved up from 17th to 15th.
• Steer roper Scott Snedecor jumped from 12th to 10th.
• Bareback rider Caleb Bennett went from fifth to fourth in the standings.
• Bareback rider Richmond Champion jumped in the standings from seventh to sixth.
• Tie-down roper Shane Hanchey jumped in the standings from second to first.
• Bareback rider Zach Hibler went up in the standings from 12th to 11th.
• Tie-down roper Shad Mayfield went from fifth to fourth.
• Bareback rider Tim O’Connell moved up from second to first.
• Bareback rider Jess Pope moved from 10th to ninth.
• Tie-down roper Taylor Santos moved up from 16th to 15th.
• Team roping header Cody Snow jumped up from seventh to sixth.
• Steer roper Jess Tierney jumped from fourth to third.
• Saddle bronc rider Kolby Wanchuk moved from seventh to sixth.
On the Bubble
• Saddle bronc rider Ben Andersen moved up from 18th to 16th, he’s $2,067 out of the 15th spot.
• Team roping header Coleman Proctor went up in the standings from 23rd to 16th, he’s $1,756 out of the 15th spot.
• Steer roper Tony Reina jumped up from 19th to 16th, he’s $544 out of the 15th spot.
Courtesy of PRCA