The closer we get to the Fourth of July run, the more movement we begin to see inside the PRCA | RAM World Standings.
This week, La Junta, Colo., team roping heeler Shay Dixon Carroll made the biggest jump in the standings. The three-time National Finals Rodeo qualifier (2014, 2016, 2020) moved up from 18th to 13th thanks to a big win at the Strawberry Days Rodeo in Pleasant Grove, Utah.
“It was a pretty exciting run for us,” Carroll said. “My partner (Lightning Aguilera) was able to get out in front early and turn him, which made it easy for me to finish the job on the back end.”
Aguilera and Carroll put together a 4.2-second run to win in Pleasant Grove, that performance earning them $2,875 and a major boost in the standings. As for Carroll, he’s trying to get back to the NFR this season after qualifying a year ago. He said it feels good to be back in the Top 15 but that there’s still a lot of work left.
“I haven’t even really thought about it because there are still so many rodeos left to go this year,” Carroll said. “But I do understand what lies ahead and know how difficult it is to make the Finals. We’re going to have to bear down and keep doing what we did right there for the next two months in order to make the Finals.”
Here’s a look at the other cowboys who moved up within the Top 15 of the PRCA | RAM World Standings.
• Bareback rider Caleb Bennett took a leap in the standings from 11th to ninth.
• Bull rider Parker Breding slid up from eighth to sixth in the standings.
• Bull rider Trevor Kastner moved inside the Top 15, going from 17th to 15th.
• Steer wrestler Eli Lord moved from 17th to 15th.
• Steer roper Corey Ross went from 10th to eighth this week.
• Saddle bronc rider Kolby Wanchuk slid up from sixth to fourth.
• Bull rider Stetson Wright moved up two spots from fourth to second.
• Tie-down roper Marty Yates jumped in the standings from 12th to 10th.
• Steer wrestler Bryce Davis moved up one spot from 13th to 12th.
• Saddle bronc rider Jake Finlay slid up from 11th to 10th.
• Tie-down roper Adam Gray slid up from 14th to 13th.
• Tie-down roper Ryan Jarrett went from seventh to sixth.
• Bareback rider Jess Pope took a leap in the standings from 16th to 15th.
• Team roping header Clay Tryan moved from ninth to eighth.
• Team roping header Tyler Wade jumped in the standings from 11th to 10th.
• Bull rider Creek Young went from 13th to 12th in the standings.
On The Bubble
• Tie-down roper Clint Robinson moved from 17th to 16th and is $1,545 away from breaking into the Top 15.
• Steer wrestler J.D. Struxness jumped up in the standings from 18th to 16th and is $151 shy of cracking the Top 15.
Courtesy of PRCA