• 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
• ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• Vegetable oil
• 4 sandwich rolls
• Butter or margarine
• 12 slices smoked bacon, cooked
• Sliced tomato
• Baby spinach leaves
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon lemon zest
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
IN A MEDIUM BOWL, mix all
ingredients until well blended.
1. COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
2. COAT catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Fill a
large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350° F.
3. ADD catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown,
about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
4. REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
5. SPREAD butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in a
6. SMEAR toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli. Layer tomatoes,
spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!