Cowboy Christmas is nearly here, and 28 cowboys are coming in on a roll as they saw their positions improve within the Top 15 this week. With $1.6 million on the table across 26 PRCA competitions, the fourth week of June saw many of the top cowboys winning large checks across the continent.
Veteran and rookie cowboys know it’s easier to maintain a position at the top than it is to play catch-up when trying to qualify for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. Every dollar counts, and making the Top 15 in the PRCA | RAM World Standings early establishes a solid base and builds a cowboy’s confidence as the season picks up pace.
Nobody knows this better than team roping heeler Chase Tryan. The Montana cowboy launched up 14 spots – from 29th to 15th – thanks to winning $4,510 at the Reno (Nev.) Rodeo and $2,564 at the Wainwright (Alberta) Stampede.
The following cowboys saw their position in the PRCA World Standings improve from June 18-24.
• Blake Knowles moved from 23rd to 15th in steer wrestling.
• Trey Yates moved from 14th to seventh in team roping heeling.
• Jeff Askey moved from 16th to ninth in bull riding.
• Tyler Milligan moved from 17th to 11th in tie-down roping.
• Steven Duby moved from 15th to 10th in team roping heading.
• Jacob Talley moved from sixth to second in steer wrestling.
• Matt Kasner moved from sixth to third in team roping heeling.
• Ryle Smith moved from sixth to third in tie-down roping.
• Dustin Boquet moved from seventh to fourth in bull riding.
• Kyle Irwin moved from 11th to eighth in steer wrestling.
• Tanner Brunner moved from 12th to ninth in steer wrestling.
• Cory Solomon moved from 12th to ninth in tie-down roping.
• Ryan Jarrett moved from 15th to 12th in tie-down roping.
• Allen Boore moved from 17th to 14th in saddle bronc riding.
• Corey Ross moved from 17th to 14th in steer roping.
• Zeke Thurston moved from sixth to fourth in saddle bronc riding.
• Ryder Wright moved from 11th to ninth in saddle bronc riding.
• Scott Guenthner moved from 15th to 13th in steer wrestling.
• Tim O’Connell moved from third to second in bareback riding.
• Bubba Buckaloo moved from third to second in team roping heading.
• Logan Olson moved from sixth to fifth in team roping heading.
• Shane O’Connell moved from ninth to eighth in bareback riding.
• Orin Larsen moved from 10th to ninth in bareback riding.
• Boudreaux Campbell moved from 11th to 10th in bull riding.
• Kaycee Feild moved from 13th to 12th in bareback riding.
• Austin Foss moved from 15th to 14th in bareback riding.
• Riley Minor moved from 16th to 15th in team roping heading.
Cowboys on the bubble for a spot in the Top 15 can find themselves a few dollars short of qualifying for the Wrangler NFR. The following cowboys climbed the standings to No. 16.
• Team roping header Aaron Tsinigine moved from 46th to 16th and is $870 away from breaking into the Top 15.
• Team roping heeler Jake Smith moved from 28th to 16th and is $1,609 away from breaking into the Top 15.
• Bareback rider Clint Laye moved from 18th to 16th and is $3,437 away from breaking into the Top 15.
• Saddle bronc rider Jake Wright moved from 18th to 16th and is $5,843 away from breaking into the Top 15.
With the highly anticipated Cowboy Christmas run kicking off this week, the outcome of the most action-packed week of the regular season is sure to impact the world standings.
Check back with prorodeo.com next week to see who the new leaders are in the world standings.
Courtesy of PRCA