What’s happening today?
– Stampede Parade: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
– Free admission to Stampede Park: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
– Coca-Cola Stage:
· Ria Mae at 8:00 p.m.
· USS at 9:00 p.m.
– Nashville North:
· Aaron Goodvin at 10:00 p.m.
– Heavy Horse Show with Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra: the gentle giants of the equine world compete in halter and driving classes
11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Agrium Western Events Centre)
3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Agrium Western Events Centre)
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Saddledome) with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
– Cowboy Up Challenge: the extreme cowboy race where horse and rider maneuver through a series of obstacles
1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Meet the Competitors (Scotiabank Saddledome)
– Team Cattle Penning Competition Championships 14 & 7 Class: a team of three riders on horseback have 60 seconds to separate three specifically identified cattle from a herd of 30
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Scotiabank Saddledome
– Mini Donkeys are only on park for a few days, so come see them while you can! They will be living in the agriculture barns until July 10. Live demonstrations through obstacles courses in the Northern Lights Arena throughout the day.
12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Northern Lights Arena)
3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Northern Lights Arena)
Today’s media opportunity
With temperatures expected to be in the 30’s over the next ten days, Dr. Greg Evans will be available to speak to the media Friday, July 7, regarding the care of animals participating in the Calgary Stampede.
You are invited to join us for a quick media availability from 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. in the barn of chuckwagon driver Jamie Laboucane.
Who: Dr. Greg Evans
What: Animal Care in high temperatures
When: Friday, July 7, 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Where: Barn of chuckwagon driver Jamie Laboucane (NW corner of chuckwagon barn complex)
*please be advised this is the only time Dr. Evans will be available to speak with the media.
GMC Rangeland Derby – King Kelly’s final lap
Recap of Saturday, July 16
Program Results – Sneak-A-Peek
Best new food – Savoury:
· Funnel Cake Poutine from next Generation Concessions
Best new food – Sweet:
· Mini Donut Chata from Family Squeezed Lemonade
Stampede attendance Thursday, July 6, 2017: 36,953
Overall cumulative attendance increase of: 2,854
See more at calgarystampede.com