• 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon dried, crushed
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried, crushed)
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
• ½ pound pasta
• 1⁄3 cup olive oil
• 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
• 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
COOK pasta in salted water until tender but still firm. Meanwhile, whisk oil, cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest to blend. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Toss pasta with lemon sauce. If needed, add some of the reserved liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
1. SEASON fish with salt and red pepper flakes. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and sauté rounded side down for 3 minutes; turn, and sauté 3 minutes or until cooked. Transfer fish to a plate and set aside.
2. ADD onion to same skillet and add 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté until translucent.
3. ADD tomatoes with their juices, wine (or chicken broth), garlic, parsley, basil and oregano. Simmer until sauce is reduced slightly or about 10 minutes.
4. GENTLY return fish and any juice to tomato mixture to absorb spices.
5. SERVE over Lemon Pasta.
We would love to hear your thoughts after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it’s U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!